Thursday, March 27, 2008

Recipe of the Day

I have decided to start blogging some of my recipes. I used to send out an e-mail of recipes that I had cooked recently and found out that it was too hard to keep up with. So, instead of sending e-mails of several recipes I am just going to try to blog a new recipe on here from time to time. So come back often to check for the latest favorite. If you don't already know, I LOVE to cook and try out all different recipes. So each recipe that I post has been tested by me and has been tweaked to perfection. :-) I hope you enjoy too. If you ever make one of my recipes please feel free to comment about it on here and let me know if you liked it or not. Also, if you have any questions about any of my recipes or any special recipe requests, let me know! :-) I have a MILLION recipes, so just ask. Love you all!

Main Course: Zesty Chicken and Pasta
Total time: 25 minutes
Serves: 6

Ingredients:
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped into bite sized pieces
1/2 cup Reduced Fat Italian Dressing, divided
2 cups broccoli florets
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1 large red pepper, chopped
1 tbsp. chopped parsley
8 oz. pasta, cooked as directed on package, drained
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:
1. Cook and stir chicken in 1/4 cup of the dressing in large skillet on medium-high heat 4 minutes or until no longer pink
2. Add broccoli, onion, red pepper, and parsley; cook until tender, stirring occasionally
3. Toss with cooked pasta and remaining 1/4 cup dressing. Sprinkle with cheese.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds great. Why don't you cook up a big pot and bring it to us for lunch next week!:) Sounds like you have plenty of time on your hands. Miss you. Suzanne has been "mopey".

Amy Middleton said...

Yay!

Anonymous said...

So I am "mopey", but I didn't even know it until Ittner told me on the playground today that I was being "mopey". If I am mopey after 2 days, what am I going to be like next year?!?!?!?!?!

P.S. Apparently I didn't use one of my normal passwords when I signed up for this blog thing, so I can't even log in to write. :(