Friday, February 27, 2009

Let the fun begin!

Today was the start of my infertility testing. Fun! I had a lab appointment at 11am this morning and had to fast for it. So I tried to stay in bed for as long as possible so I wouldn't get too hungry! (Food is a big deal to me!) haha The appointment wasn't a big deal at all, they just took 3 vials of blood and are testing 5 different hormones (LH, FSH, Prolactin, Insulin, and another one that I can't remember right now) :) I should be getting the results from those tests on Tuesday (just have to wait for 3+ days). Besides a sore elbow, where they drew the blood, nothing too traumatic. Once we hear back about the results of this testing, we will determine the next step. There are several options. If there is something off balance with these hormone tests, then I would imagine that the doctor will put me on some meds to balance that out and then we will wait a few months and see if that helps. But if the tests come back normal, then the next step will either be another blood test or an x-ray (not sure which would come first). I'm just glad to have this next chapter of our story started. We are fully trusting the Lord to get us through this and to walk with us step by step.

Tonight we are heading to Medieval Times with some friends. I think it's hilarious that we are going! We've never been to anything like this, so it should be interesting. I am definitely going to have to have a few drinks to make it even more enjoyable. :)

No comments: