Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Spring! :)

Spring is here!! :) I LOVE this time of year! Everything is blooming...it's like a brand new start. The air is cool and crisp with the smell of blooming flowers! LOVE IT! I have been spending a lot of time outside lately...running/walking & reading on the back porch. I can't wait for it warm up a bit, so I can lay out and get some sun!

Well, we have finished the preliminary round of infertility testing. I went yesterday morning for the final blood draw. This one tested my progesterone level. I should find out the results tomorrow. The HSG x-ray went well...not nearly as painful as I expected. The doctor immediately told me that everything looked good (no blockage), so that was comforting. Then my doctor followed up with a more thorough look at the pictures he took and said everything was normal...so good news. Unlike the first blood test, when I was disappointed that they found nothing wrong, I was thrilled that this test was normal. To have blocked tubes would not have been good. Now I am hoping that this progesterone test will reveal something abnormal, therefore explaining our problems conceiving. But, who knows?! From what I've heard, the next step will be to start Clomid for 4-5 cycles (maximum). I have high hopes that Clomid will do the trick. Although, I am still waiting for my cycle to start for this month...so maybe this will be the month?! I have learned over the last 19 months to not get my hopes up too much, however, the Lord has really given me a peace as of late about that. I truly believe that he is going to bless us with a pregnancy and healthy baby SOON! :)

In other news...I am going today to meet a lady that works with the youth at Perimeter. I am hoping to become a mentor to one of the Senior High Girls. I have had a desire to work with High Schoolers for a while now, but the opportunity had not presented itself until now. So I am excited to see how the Lord is going to use me in this area. :)

No comments: