Monday, February 18, 2008

3 day weekend = PERFECT!

I think that every weekend should be a 3 day one! Having Monday off is HUGE! These past 3 days have been so good. I got to spend all 3 days with Brian and we didn't have anything that we had to do. 3 whole days of rest and relaxation! Amazing! I really don't want to go back to work tomorrow. But, the good news is, it's only a 4 day week. Only one thing that I am not looking forward to is one more parent-teacher conference tomorrow morning. :-( Then the rest of the week should be pretty good.

On Friday we were told that we need to sign our contracts for next year. This was something I knew was coming, but didn't expect this soon. I wanted to be able to have a little more time to find out if we were going to get pregnant. I don't want to sign my contract and then possibly have to break it before the next school year starts. For those of you that don't know, I do not want to start a school year and then have to leave mid year if we have a baby. I would not just take a normal maternity leave because I wouldn't put my baby in daycare. So, if I get pregnant before the next school year begins, I will not be going back. So, that is the waiting game we are playing right now. We were really thinking that we would have had a positive pregnancy test by now, so this is all a little unexpected for us. We have learned more and more to rely on the Lord and to trust Him. He has this all planned out. So, we have to sign our contracts no later than the end of next week. I should also know by then if I am pregnant this month. My biggest prayer right now is for the Lord to bless us with a positive pregnancy test this month. I know that this might seem selfish and I question that myself, often. But I know that the Lord hears my prayers and will answer them in His time. If I am not pregnant this month, I will sign my contract and will continue to wait on the Lord. We will keep trying and if we are successful, I will have to break my contract. It's all in the Lord's hands!

1 comment:

cristina said...

Beans, boy do I know what you are going through! This weekend proved a huge disapointment to me, but as Drew keeps reminding me, not to God. He knew this wasn't our time, so another month has passed with another 'cycle' to watch go by. With everything going on in our lives (Drew changing jobs, randon things happening at work, etc.) I feel like we NEED to know RIGHT now if I'm preggers or not! (and if not right now, will I be next month??) BUT, God knows... and it's not that he's keeping it a secret from us... he also knows what will happen w/ Drew's job (and our insurance) and w/ my job (and doing acrylics which is BAD for being pregnant!) AND w/ your job and whether or not you'll be back next year! I know you know this, but you are just ANOTHER reminder to me that God is in control and not only that, but he is working it all out for our good (if we love him!). Anyway, you're right, we are so at the same place in our lives and I look more and more forward to renewing our friendship! Ok, this is like a whole blog in itself!