Thursday, February 7, 2008

My first try at blogging...

So, here goes. I have never blogged before, but found a friend's blog and thought it was a fun way to get my thoughts down. I highly doubt that anyone will ever spend their time reading my blog, but that's okay with me. My blog may completely stink or I may not keep up with it like I would like, but it's worth a try. My plans for this blog are to just write. Not necessarily a daily update, but just my thoughts at the moment. Maybe some funny stories or good pics, things that the Lord teaches me, my random thoughts on various topics, or basically whatever my mind is pondering at the moment.

So, where do I begin? I won't bore anyone with my life story. You can read my "about me" section if you want to know the basics. I feel like my first blog should be really something great, but I don't know what that would be right now. My life is fairly boring at the moment. Working and trying to start a family. There is nothing more that I want right now than to be a mother. So many people keep telling me that I am SO young to be thinking about babies. 25 isn't that young to me. I know, I know, anyone that is older than me just laughs when they hear me say that, but that's just how I feel. I feel that the Lord has been preparing me for motherhood for so long. I have wanted to be a mother for as long as I can remember. I just feel like I am putting off my "life calling" the longer I wait. So, now we don't want to wait anymore, but we are learning that babies don't just happen. This is completely out of our control and for one of the first times in my life I am truly forced to rely wholly on the Lord. That is really hard! But I know that He is using this experience to teach me so much. I just feel like everyone around me is popping out babies. After trying for so many months, I truly just don't understand these women that manage to get pregnant by accident. It seems to be such a small chance that everything will line up just right in order for a baby to be conceived. So how come there are so many "whoops" experiences out there? Even more then ever I am shown that the Lord has all of my life in His control. I truly have no say in when this will happen. I just need to let it go!

3 comments:

cristina said...

Great first blog, Beans! And remember, I'm right there with you. Trying and waiting and learning patience and relying fully on our sovereign God!! And I don't think 25 is too young, I'll be 26 (Lord willing) and I'm afraid that's too old to start! Thanks for understanding!

Amy Middleton said...

YAY! I'm excited to hear more!!! Hope you are doing great! I sure hope to get to see you and Brian again soon, it's been way too long! :) Have a great weekend!

Amy Middleton said...

I realized I didn't respond to what you wrote at all, so I am commenting again. :)

I totally hear what you are saying about how it doesn't make sense how some people just get prego on accident...I personally didn't have to wait long when we started trying, but I have MANY friends and family that have had trouble getting prego, it is frustrating and confusing, and it's easy to get bitter when you look and see teenagers and unfit moms getting babies when you...a healthy, woman of God (and man, Brian) seem to have to wait. I wish I had some assuring thing to say but just trust and believe, God will fulfill his promises! He knows the desires in you heart and is faithful! We'll be praying for you, and in the mean time...I hear the more "fun" you have trying the more likely you are to get prego (don't stress about it but enjoy the process)! haha. :)